Monday, November 16, 2009

Should I take an antibiotic for trichomonas tenax?

My dental hygenist has seen this organism swimming on a slide with a sample of my saliva. The dentist wants me to take a very strong antibiotic for 2 weeks. She also wants my husband to take it although after 2 attempts they have not seen this parasite on his sample. Both of our mouths are healthy and we see the dentist 2 times a year. My health is fine and I'm having a hard time with taking an antibiotic when I feel fine and have no symptoms. But I don't want to ignore the dentist's advice either.

Should I take an antibiotic for trichomonas tenax?
Yes you should take the pills. Would you ignore a gynecologist who told you to take antibiotics? then why would you ignore you dentist?





You may not be sick right now, but if you they showed you what's swimming in your mouth, that's a good indication of elevated bacterial levels. You could end up with horrible gum disease and worse from this bacteria. And it can pass in your saliva, which is why they are worried about your husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net