Monday, November 16, 2009

DR. SAM can you let me know if dental is my calling how did you know?

DR. SAM why is it so hard for people to respond to you like going to your email. are you really in dental I am I've been a hygenist for 8yrs . At first I wanted to do pediactris I just love children until I realized that I was just to emotional for children. It was'nt about the money I loved to see that million dollar smile. but I think I now have the courage to go back and do it this time I love the smell of the practice when I'm at work I get this burst of energy that I can never explain but I think I found my calling in surgical I love the extractions and surgery I can do it all day long does that make me weird because I like doing sooches. I was going to be a dentisit and stopped after 2 yrs because I was chicken

DR. SAM can you let me know if dental is my calling how did you know?
I just tried to respond to you using Yahoo! mail link, but it said, "Oops! We were not able to send..." You can e-mail Huskymom via Yahoo! and she can give you my e-mail address. Just tell her to look for this message so she knows it's okay with me.





I had to disable my e-mail link because I was getting 10 to 20 private e-mails every day from people who should have just asked their question in public on Yahoo! They would get several opinions that way and not just mine. I never wanted to short-change anyone, but 10-20 e-mails a day was too much. I still work! Then, there were a couple of whackos who just would not understand that the best choice for them and their infection was to see a dentist and they didn't want to hear my advice, so they got nasty. I don't need that either.





If you have worked for hygiene for 8 years and want to be a dentist, I'd say that YOU know more about this decision than anyone else in the world. You have certainly had enough exposure to understand what the career is all about. I really enjoy surgery, as well. Dental School can be tough, but with your knowledge, you already have a leg up on most of your future classmates.





I'm glad to see you say that it's not about the money. No amount of money can offset the pain of being stuck in a career you do not enjoy. There are more kinds of "income" than financial anyway.





It sounds like it is time for you to "just do it!"
Reply:I come across the Doctor form time to time. He might drop by.


I hope you go for it. Let us know when you graduate ... have to have a BYON party.





(bring your on nitrous oxide)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net