Monday, May 17, 2010

What are my options?

Ok, I am 15 years old, in grade 10, and I looking at my career options. Now my ulitmate goal is to teach English Literature at Cambridge University.





I am exploring my avenues of paying for allt aht schooling. My original plan was to becoma dental assistant, then hygenist (only 3yrs of schooling) make killer money, and put myself thourgh univerisyt that way.





Now I would like to look at my other options for making good salary on only a few years of education. I want to know so that i can figure out which courses I need to take in high school.





Just a side note* How much does a wilton instructor make?





Thank you

What are my options?
I'm only going to be brutally honest here but there is no possible way to make a lot of money coming out of college in pretty much any field. So please don't base your motivations on that. The economy is tough and pretty much extremely saturated with recent college graduates. You need to figure out what you want to do, get a University education or go to vocational school so you can be a higenist. Either choice is a good one but pick the one that you feel most passionate about, not the one you should do or the one that will theoretically make you the most money.





My advice is to go to a University and get an education right out of high school because it only gets more expensive and difficult as time goes by. If you want to teach at a University you are going to need a masters degree in that field, perhaps even a doctorate. You should begin to prepare yourself to meet college entrance requirements, taking math, science and looking into foriegn language requirements. Every university is different so make sure you look it up the exact requirements just to be sure. Even if you decided to become a hygenist you will probably be glad you took some tougher classes in high school in those areas.





If you need help paying for University look into scholarsihps, fedeal aide, grants and loans. There are many options available and many you would think you didn't qualify for.





Good luck, just be sure to take the path you are most passionate about. Its ok not to have all the answers. I'm 25 with an MBA and I still don't know what I want to do with my life, I just take it one day at a time.





By the way, I'm not sure how much an Instructor at a college makes but I'm guessing about 40-80k depending on years of experience and those who have tenure will get paid more. It also depends if you teach full time or not and what type of college you end up teaching at.

clogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net