Saturday, May 15, 2010

How often is it Safe to use a Tongue Scraper?

I am trying a Tongue Scraper that my dentist gave me. I see the plaque that it removes and I can only imagine the bacteria


that is being removed. I feel my mouth is clean when I finish!


The dental hygenist at the office said it is OK to do this


3X a week or so. Does anyone know how often it is safe to do this? Does anyone use this on a regular basis?





Thanks !

How often is it Safe to use a Tongue Scraper?
You can do this every day so long as it doesn't make your tongue sore. Three times a week sounds about right, and that was what I was advised. However, I was also advised to look at my diet and to take a few vitamins. If you are having to scrape gunk off your tongue regularly and it is furring up every day then your diet is definitely to blame. Reduce alcohol, wheat and yeasty products including bread, cakes, biscuits and sugary things, as well as fatty foods - fish and chips, sausages etc. I DON'T MEAN cut them out altogether, just try gradually eating a little less every few days and see the results on your tongue. You may have a condition called Candida in your gut too and maybe think about having this investigated, especially if you crave sugary foods. Best of luck.
Reply:NO, I brush my tongue every day.

affiliate reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net