Saturday, May 15, 2010

Is or has anyone ?

Has anyone ever been a dental hygenist or is one.


Can you tell me what your job is like do you like it or not how long have you been one how long did you go to school and how much do you get paid.

Is or has anyone ?
I'm a dental hygienist and have been for 13 years. There are different programs available in dental hygiene. You can go through an associates degree program which is 2 years, a certificate program, which is about the same length of time, or a bachelors degree program that is 4 years. The pay is basically the same for all of them. However, if you want a deeper understanding of the human body and how it works, I wouldn't sell yourself short and go through the 2 year program. I would get a bachelors degree. My degree is in biology with a minor in chemistry. As for my job, I basically maintain people's oral health. I remove hard deposits from under and above the gumline, teach people how to maintain their health, place sealants which are protective coatings on the permanent molars, take x-rays, do fluoride treatments, and things like that. I'm more than that, though, to these people. I am their counselor, their friend, their advocate. I care about them. I am not just in it to earn a buck. The pay is good. It varies state to state and city to city but overall, everywhere, the pay is good. I make a little over $30 an hour. The downside is that unless you work in an office that provide you with benefits such as vacation, paid holidays, and stuff like that, you have to plan vacations and time off very carefully.
Reply:I am not %26amp; have never been, but since I work in the dental field I have lots of friends who are. Here is what they say.....If you get in with a nice/good dentist they love there jobs. The hygienist at our office went to school for 2 years, just graduated, %26amp; makes $35.00 per hour. Now this is in SW Missouri, so salaries all depend on where you are %26amp; who you work for............hope this helped. =)

golf shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net